Saturday, March 31, 2012

SXSW - Putting the "Social" in Social Media

I am back from South By Southwest, which is commonly written as SXSW and always spoken simply as “South By.”
South By is a three-headed monster consisting of Film, Music and Interactive. They overlap a bit, but I was there for the interactive portion. I spent a lot of time at the convention center, where I saw all kinds of people. (See below.)

I was able to attend a few sessions where I heard a lot of good wisdom, wit and advice from a lot of heavy hitters in the social media and interactive world. However, I probably learned more on the exhibition floor, in the halls and on the streets of Austin, mingling with the other attendees.
At some point I’ll share a few of the lessons I learned from SXSW. In the meantime, here’s a shot of me with @Proxybot from SXProxy. They were live streaming from their helmet-cam all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment