Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Boots Were Made for Walking to SXSW

Like a kid who chomped on his Wonka Bar and bit into a golden ticket, I found out I would be attending South By Southwest in Ausitin, TX this year. Not only is SXSW the epicenter for cool music and film, but it's also the hottest spot for social media geeks... like me.

I immediately reached out to a few friends who are familiar with the event, which is famously a madhouse, for some advice. I got three tidbits worth passing on.

1. Go to the events that interest you and you want to go to. Don't go the ones you feel you should go to.
2. Expect to run on little sleep.
3. Wear comfortable shoes.

I think that's great advice. I'm going to add two things. Call for a cab early and always carry your phone charger if you can.

I'll keep you posted on the madness as best I can from Austin. I am psyched.... 'cause I got a golden ticket!

No comments:

Post a Comment