Sunday, February 13, 2011

No Reservations, No Clue


So last night I went and saw Anthony Bourdain in Stamford, CT at the Palace Theater. As you know, his main pet peeve is bad food. (The Olive Garden and Sandra Lee took the brunt of his assault last night.) It was a good time, but ironically, I ate at an all-you-can-eat sushi joint before the show and I picked off a friend's plate at Buffalo Wild Wings afterwards.

I guess you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him eat good food.

I also learned that it's bad etiquette to over dip your sushi in soy sauce and it's a sin to mix the wasabi up in the soy sauce as well. This came as a big surprise to me. I only started eating sushi in the last seven to eight years and that's how I learned it from others. Excuse me for being a naive American, but I didn't know. And in my defense... it tastes good and I enjoy it. So I'll keep on doing it that way unless I'm a guest of or in the company of Japanese people that might be offended. Thanks for the heads up Tony. Now I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment